Studio 11, Bickerton House
25-27 Bickerton Road
London N19 5JT
Charity No. 1040177
Company No. 2955445
Registered in England
This website and its content is copyright of Survivors’ Poetry – © Survivors’ Poetry 2011. All rights reserved. Poetry pieces are copyright of their respective authors. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content
- nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interest
- other information relevant to customer surveys, event registration and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may pass on your information to third parties or publicise your contact details in circumstances such as event registration or grants registration. You have the right to request these contact details not to be publicised and we will do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Survivors’ Poetry.If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms and conditions of website usage
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- This website also contains poetry which is the copyright of its respective authors.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Survivors’ Poetry and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Survivors’ Poetry. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Survivors’ Poetry takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions for use of the Bookshop
The Survivors’ Poetry website aims to ensure that the prices of books sold on the website are consistent with the most accurate current information about book prices. We supply items at the publisher’s recommended price except where a specific discount is offered. We will make all reasonable efforts to make sure our published prices are correct, but we cannot guarantee any prices. Information about prices, whether from publishers or public book databases, is not always accurate. From time to time, publishers change their published prices without warning and we become aware of these changes only when ordering stock. Where a discrepancy arises between the price of an item as published on the website and the price of the same item as supplied, we will contact you to check whether you still wish to receive the item at the new price.
Availability of any book is subject to publishers’ stock levels.
The Survivors’ Poetry web site uses SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to ensure the highest security for purchasing details submitted to us over the Internet. Information which passes between your computer and our purchasing web site cannot be read by someone else.
Refunds and Returns
The Survivors’ Poetry website operates a ‘no questions asked’ returns policy in accordance with the UK Distance Selling Regulations if you return your book within 7 days of receiving delivery of your order. Please note that any postage or delivery costs incurred when returning books will be at your own expense, unless the goods concerned are damaged or have been sent in error. This policy does not extend to any perishable items, sealed audio, or video, recordings, or to computer software (which has been unsealed). These items are subject to our standard returns policy (see below).
Standard Returns Policy
After the ‘no questions asked’ 7-day period, we will be happy to accept books for return in the following cases:
•The book was found to be damaged or in some other way faulty. In this case, we will either replace the book or give you a full refund (including postage costs, if postage was paid by you), depending on your wishes. If you opt for a replacement copy, we will despatch this to you as soon as we receive the faulty copy from you.
•The book was not the one which you ordered. In this case, we will refund you in full (including postage costs, where applicable).
•The book does not meet with your needs. Returns on this ground will be have to satisfy the following conditions:
1.The book must be returned within 28 days of receipt in the UK, 48 days of receipt in Europe, and four months of receipt in any country outside the UK and Europe.
2.The book must be in a condition to be resaleable.
3.It must be accompanied by a copy of the delivery note or receipt
Provided these conditions are met, we will give you a full refund for the book, and for any postage that has been paid by you. Whatever the reason for return, all books should be returned to the following addresses.
Survivors’ Poetry, Studio 11 Bickerton House, 25-27 Bickerton Road, London N19 5JT, UK
If we have accepted a book for return, we will refund you the cost of returning it, on condition that it is returned by the most economical method. The book remains your property until we have received it. Refunds will be given by cheque, unless otherwise advised by us. Please allow 14 days (in addition to delivery time) for the return to be processed.